Bananas - Section 14
STEWARDS: Cameron Flegler, Cameron Mackay, Len Collins, Naomi Brownrigg, John Gillis, Owen Rowe, Caleb Matthews, Stewart Gilbert, Peter Brighton.
Only Stewards and Judges to be present at judging. All exhibits must be in the Pavilion between 5pm-8pm Thursday 27th July
Come Clean Go Clean
(All vehicles/bags covering banana bunches and shoes worn delivering fruit to the show must Come Clean, please). Thank you for your co-operation.
- All exhibits must have been grown by the exhibitor.
- All bunches must have a maximum of 45cm of stem above top hand, measured over curve of stalk, and stalk trimmed flush with bottom hand.
- All hands must have maximum of 75mm of stalk. Bunch pruning permitted at bunch covering stage only. Bunches and hands with freshly removed bananas will be disqualified.
- Any single entry can compete in different categories. Only one entry per farm in any one category.
- Stewards will take the best care of bananas and will take no responsibility for damage to bananas.
- Weight of cartons excluding lid, 13.8kg min to 14.3kg max. Large bananas should measure 190mm min to 220mm max around outside of curve not including the stalk.
- NOTE: Cartons entered in Category 11 – Champion Cluster Carton to be packed in the new 6 per layer carton, weight 13.8kg – 14.3kg.
- All fruit must be first grade and meet hard green protocols, excluding Categories 17, 19 & 20. All fruit to be free of oil, dust and/or other foreign matter. Fruit not meeting these standards will be disqualified. Wing bananas and deformed singles entered in heaviest single category will be judged as freaks.
- Fruit with blemish in all categories will be heavily penalised, excluding Categories 17, 19 & 20. Fresh fruit only. Fruit stored in cold room prior to show will be disqualified, FRESH FRUIT ONLY.
- Prizes as advertised per schedule are not redeemable for cash. Conditions apply to airfares which must be taken by 30/09/14. All prizes may not be awarded.
- All fruit will be judged but may not be displayed.
- NOTE: Because of hard green protocol, a new Tully Show Record of 72kg for the heaviest bunch was established by J & V Dickinson in 2010. All bunches entered in Categories 19 & 20 must not be ripe or split or have dust on the bananas. All entry forms must include name, address and Q number.
- All exhibits shall become the property of the local Banana Association, the proceeds for sale of the same will be donated to local charities and organisations. All prizes are to be collected at the Show Society office during the show or within the next 7 days. Points system for most successful exhibitor.
- Classes 21 & 22 Open to all residents of Tully and District (Cardwell Range to El Arish and between, including beaches).
- Stewards Choice – Stewards bunches not eligible to enter. Most number of votes wins. Ratoon and plant bunches accepted.
Please read this carefully. JUDGE’S DECISION IS FINAL.